Reduce that feeling of isolation…
Do you, or someone you love or care for, feel lonely?
Sadly, nowadays many people live alone and feel isolated if they don’t have family or friends nearby. It may be that you rarely leave your home, and don’t see anyone for days.
Most of my customers are in the East Devon areas of Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth and Sidmouth and surrounding rural villages.
My befriending service helps by bringing a smile in days that sometimes feel long and dull. The knowledge that someone is there to break your day up and, hopefully, make you laugh, enables peace of mind for both you and your friends or relatives, whilst providing you with a new outlook on life;
There are many ways I can help people who feel alone or isolated:
- Pop round for a chat
- Give you a call regularly to chat and make sure life is ok
- Play a game or read with you
- Sort through those old photos
- Bake your favourite cake or meal
- Help you when your computer seems to be doing funny things
- Booking events, train or air travel online
- Ordering food online or collecting food shopping
- Help you to find groups of people in the same situation
- Help you find courses or activities in the community
- Help you develop coping strategies and improve your confidence
- Help to identify other ways to enhance your life.
- Help to identify other organisations who can support you to make your life easier
- Redesign your room, or your home to make it easier to cope with
- Redesign your garden, into a space that is simple to maintain but provides a space that makes you smile every day
I work with any age and am happy to chat through your thoughts. Unfortunately, I am not medically qualified so I won’t give you any medical help or advice. Also, for safety reasons I can’t drive you anywhere, but I can always help you find transport or make collections of items you need.
Befriending is a very bespoke service, so the fee depends upon the circumstance and regularity. Please call me to chat through your requirement.